7 Day Kitchen Remodel.
Kitchen update with minimal disruption.
Not all projects dictate a complete change. The homeowner decided to replace the outdated cabinets and countertops but wanted to keep the current layout.
The project was about as straight forward as a remodel project gets. So I decided to try a unique approach with the idea too complete the kitchen remodel in as little time as possible while maintaining high quality craftsmanship.
The project was started behind the scenes two weeks in advance. The cabinet maker visited the site and field measured for the new cabinets and got right to work building the new cabinets. Once they were completed demolition of the old cabinets, countertops and flooring began.
- Day one, demolition was completed and the room prepped for the new pre-finished solid oak flooring.
- Day two, flooring was installed and the custom cabinet installation was started.
- Day three cabinet installation was complete and the countertop fabricators made a template for granite countertops.
- Day four, the appliances were reinstalled.
- Day five, the granite countertops were installed.
- Day six, installation of the sink, faucet and garbage disposal and re-plumbing the dishwasher.
- Day seven, custom maple cabinets, granite countertops, solid oak flooring and slate backsplash installed and ready to be put to good use.
Eden Prairie, Minnesota